Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Atlanta Beauty

Driving home on Monday & Tuesday, I witnessed two beautiful sites.

On Monday, driving north on GA 400, at about exit 5 - in the distance I saw smoke. I thought a building near the edge of the highway was aflame. Turned out - it was just fog. There was thick fog blanketing Gwinnett & Forsyth counties.

I stopped by the library on my way home. As I checked out (Life of Pi, How Doctors Think - if you are wondering) I chatted with the librarian. We talked about how the movie Stephen King's The Mist was coming out - and how this was it - this was that mist.

So - Monday Evening Fog - that's glory number one.

Number two - great big honking orange globe of a moon low on the horizon during Tueday's commute home. Was glorious.

Alas, no photos of either. Cellphone camera don't do well on long shots like that.

No comments: